Clinical InterestsHead and Neck CancerThyroid Surgery
Refer a Friend
Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Dr. Donald Kamerer is an otolaryngologist who specializes in head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery in the Charlotte, NC area. He graduated summa cum laude from Yale University and received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. His general surgery internship was at the Boston University Affiliated Surgical Program, and his otolaryngology – head and neck surgery residency was at the University of Pittsburgh. He is board-certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and is a member of the North Carolina Medical Society and the Mecklenburg Medical Society. He is also Chief of the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Carolinas Medical Center and the Surgical Director of the Multidisciplinary Clinic for Head and Neck Cancer at Carolinas Medical Center’s Blumenthal Cancer Center. He periodically serves as Surgical Representative for Presbyterian Hospital’s Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Clinic.
Dr. Kamerer practices in our SouthPark (6035 Fairview
Road, Charlotte, NC) office. To make an appointment with him, call 704-295-3000. You can also
request an appointment online or through myCEENTAchart.
Virtual visits can now be requested by calling 704.295.3003. Most ENT conditions qualify for virtual visits.
Education & Fellowship
Summa cum laude, Yale University, 1978
Harvard Medical School, 1982
General surgery, Boston University Affiliated Surgical Program, 1983
Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, a program consistently mentioned as one of the finest in the nation, 1987
Associations & Memberships
Board Certified by:
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- NC Medical Society
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
- Mecklenburg Medical Society
- Chief of the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Carolinas Medical Center
- Surgical Director of the Multidisciplinary Clinic for Head and Neck Cancer at Carolinas Medical Center’s Blumenthal Cancer Center
- Periodically serves as Surgical Representative for Presbyterian Hospital’s Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Clinic
Best Doctors in America, 2017-2018
Business North Carolina Best Doctors, 2017-2018
- Participates in research related to the multidisciplinary approach to head and neck cancer