Fellowship TrainedVoice & Swallowing
Clinical InterestsComprehensive Adult & Pediatric ENT CareTonsils & AdenoidsEar Infections and Ear Tube SurgeryBalloon SinuplastyPediatric ENTThyroid SurgeryEustachian Tube Balloon DilationDeviated Septum and SeptoplastyLATERA Absorbable Nasal ImplantChronic Sinusitis Allergy SymptomsAllergy TreatmentAllergy Testing Voice & Swallowing
Refer a Friend
Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Dr. S. Brett Heavner is an otolaryngologist who specializes in adult and pediatric otolaryngology, pediatric ear, nose, and throat surgery, laryngology and voice surgery, care of the professional voice, nasal allergies, in-office procedures, and nasal/sinus surgery. He is board-certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a member of the Voice Foundation, the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He has also contributed to several publications about the laryngeal nerve and the Eustachian tube.
Dr. Heavner practices in our Steele Creek (13532 Steelecroft Parkway, Charlotte, NC) office. To make an appointment with him, call 704-295-3000. You can also request an appointment online or through myCEENTAchart.
Virtual visits can now be requested by calling 704.295.3003. Most ENT conditions qualify for virtual visits.
Education & Fellowship
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2001 with Distinction
University of Michigan, 2002
Otolaryngology, University of Michigan, 2006
Laryngology and Care of the Professional Voice, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Associations & Memberships
Board Certified by:
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- The Voice Foundation
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Dr. Heavner discusses hoarseness on WSOC's Daily Two.
- "Dysfunction of the recurrent laryngeal nerve and the potential of gene therapy” (2007)
- "Function of the eustachian tube after weekly exposure to pepsin/hydrochloric acid” (2001)
- "Transient inflammation and dysfunction of the eustachian tube secondary to multiple exposures of simulated gastroesophageal refluxant” (2001)