Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA) is committed to fostering the professional growth of aspiring audiologists. Through our 12-month audiology fellowship program, students will work in a well-rounded, structured clinical experience with rotations through cochlear implants, pediatric audiology, tinnitus retraining therapy, vestibular testing (ENG/VNG) and electrophysiology (ped ABR, adult ABR, EcOG, OAE). Students will have basic diagnostic and hearing aid duties throughout their time in the audiology fellowship program.
The deadline for the 2015-2016 year has passed. Applications for the 2016-2017 year are currently being accepted. We plan to admit four externs into the program. Interested students should e-mail résumés and letters of intent to Tracy Swanson, AuD, the clinic coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Though student externs will spend most of their time at the SouthPark location, they will rotate to other locations so as to experience practicing at a variety of ENT office sizes. Fifteen of CEENTA’s locations have audiology programs. Of the audiologists on staff, one has a Ph.D., four are master’s level, and 14 have their Doctors of Audiology degree. Seven of our audiologists are board certified in audiology by the American Board of Audiology and thirteen of our audiologists have their Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from ASHA.
As an extern in this fellowship, students will work in a busy, fast-paced clinic that will prepare them to work as an audiologist anywhere. We have a very supportive staff, but at the same time, we encourage and expect our externs to become independent. Our patients are divided evenly between adults and pediatrics.
The CEENTA Audiology externship program provides compensation.
Audiology Fellowship Timeline
- May-October: accepting applications
- October 30: applications due; all applications, résumés, letters and transcripts on file
- November and December: formal phone interviews are scheduled and completed
- December and January: face-to-face externship interviews scheduled and completed
- December and January: offers made
- June 1-July 1: externship begins
Two-Month Rotation Summary: (two months each)
- Clinic/hearing aids – throughout entire externship
- Electrophysiology rotation – ABR and ENG / VNG
- Cochlear implants rotation
- Pediatric rotation
- Tinnitus retraining therapy
Typical Schedule Summary:
- June: Orientation, clinic observation and audio immersion
- June/July to September: First rotation
- September to December: Second rotation
- December to February: Third rotation
- February to May: Fourth rotation
- May to June: Final focus per clinic coordinator