Refer a Friend
Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Dr. Gerlach is a speech language pathologist specializing in voice and swallowing disorders for both pediatric and adult populations. She started the original voice center in Charlotte in 1990 at Presbyterian hospital and spear headed the treatment of spasmodic dysphonia using Botox injections with local ENT’s in 1991. The voice center developed into a comprehensive voice and swallowing center and moved the CEENTA in 2006 to further grow this specialized center. She performs videostroboscopy, acoustic analysis and voice evaluations for voice disordered patients as well as comprehensive intervention for voice improvement. She is LSVT certified for Parkinson’s Disease. She is a Level II certified Buteyko breathing practitioner for disorganized and disordered breathing and provides myofascial release. She performs swallowing evaluations and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluations of Swallowing (FEES) procedures for swallowing disordered patients. Swallowing intervention includes neuromuscular stimulation, myofascial release, and the McNiell Dysphagia Therapy Program as well as use of biofeedback for both voice and swallowing. Dr. Gerlach also works with resonance disorder in both adults and pediatrics addressing velopharyngeal incompetence and hypernasality. Dr. Gerlach enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter traveling, playing tennis and cycling.
Education & Fellowship
Miami University, Oxford OH – Speech Pathology/Audiology
Miami University, Oxford OH – Speech Pathology
University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC – Doctor of Philosophy, Speech Language Pathology
Adjunct Professor at the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
Associations & Memberships
Board Certified by:
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of North Carolina
- American speech- Language- Hearing Association Certificate Clinical Competence
- Certified Vital Stimulation Provider for swallowing disordered
- Certified MTDP (McNeil Dysphagia Treatment Program) provider for swallowing disordered patients
- Certified Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for Parkinson's/ neurological diseases
- Buteyko Breathing Level II Practitioner
- ASHA Special Interest Division 3: Voice Disorders
- American Speech, Language and Hearing Association
- Director Voice & Swallowing Center at Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat
Dr. Gerlach has participated in numerous research articles for the treatment and prevention of voice and swallowing disorders. Some of her more recent works include: Clinical Implementation of Laryngeal High-Speed Videoendoscopy: Challenges and Evolution; Qualitative and Quantitative Measures of Laryngeal Electromyoraphy as Predictors of Effectiveness of Botox Treatment of Spasmodic Dysphonia.