If you clicked through to take the sleep quiz, you probably already suspect you’re not sleeping well. Maybe you have trouble getting to sleep. Maybe you have trouble staying asleep. Maybe you’re up late, surfing the web right now, even though you need to be up for work in just a few short hours.
Sleep disorders — which can include insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep walking and restless legs syndrome – have become more and more common. One study estimates that 60 percent of people have a sleep disorder. Are you one of them?
Read the statements below. Answer true or false for each one.
- I feel sleepy during the day, even when I get a good night’s sleep.
- I get very irritable when I can’t sleep.
- I often wake up at night and have trouble falling back to sleep.
- It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep.
- I often wake up very early and can’t fall back to sleep.
- I usually feel achy and stiff when I wake up in the morning.
- I often seem to wake up because of dreams.
- I sometimes wake up gasping for breath.
- My bed partner says my snoring keeps her/him from sleeping.
- I’ve fallen asleep driving.
If you answered true more than twice, you may want to discuss your sleep problem with your healthcare professional. While the results of this quiz are by no means conclusive, it will provide you with an idea of common symptoms associated with many sleep disorders. If you think you have a sleep disorder, it is best to speak with a sleep physician at one of our sleep centers. The Sleep Center at SouthPark is a nationally accredited from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.