Schedule an Appointment
Refer a Friend
Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Lori Ellen Sutton is a Voice & Swallowing
specialist who received her bachelor’s degree in music from the University of
Mississippi and her master’s degree in audiology and speech pathology from the
University of Memphis. Her fellowship was at the Scripps Center for Voice and
Swallowing in La Jolla, CA. She is a licensed speech-language pathologist in
North Carolina and is a certified Vital Stim Provider for swallowing disordered
Education & Fellowship
University of Mississippi – Music
University of Memphis – Audiology and Speech Pathology
Completed Clinical Fellowship Year at the Scripps Center for Voice and Swallowing in La Jolla, CA
Associations & Memberships
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of North Carolina
- Certified Vital Stim Provider for swallowing disordered patient
- Certified — Lee Silverman Voice Treatment
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Certificate of Clinical Competence
- ASHA Special Interest Division 3: Voice and Voice Disorders
- ASHA Special Interest Division 13: Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders
- Attended the Shenandoah University Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy Institute (July 2012), Level III-certified in Somatic Voicework (sm)-The LoVetri Method.
Ms. Sutton discusses pacing your voice use on the Opera Carolina blog.
Ms. Sutton talks about why you should be thankful for your voice on the Opera Carolina blog.
Ms. Sutton talks about surviving the holidays with your voice intact. on the Opera Carolina blog.
Biological Mechanisms of Vocal Senescence (completed at the University of Memphis)
Master’s Thesis: “Acoustic and Aerodynamic Analysis of Singers and Non-Singers During
Research Assistant: “Efficacy of High Speed Videoendoscopy”