Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Dr. James Kaufmann is an ophthalmologist and fellowship-trained cornea specialist who provides numerous services such as routine eye exams, cataract surgery, refractive surgery, diabetic eye care, and infections. He also specializes in cosmetic and functional facial plastic procedures including eyebrow lifts and blepharoplasty. He has given a plethora of presentations on eye care, treatment, and surgery locally and regionally. He has coauthored publications as an ophthalmology resident/fellow and currently participates in research trials as part of CEENTA.
In his free time, Dr. Kaufmann enjoys spending time with his family and traveling.
Dr. Kaufmann practices in our Salisbury (530 Corporate Circle, Salisbury, NC) office. To make an appointment with him, use our online scheduling tool or through myCEENTAchart.
UndergraduateB.S., Magna Cum Laude, Davidson College, 1983
MedicalM. D. with Honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1987
InternshipInternal Medicine, Wake Forest University Baptist Hospital, Winston- Salem, N.C. 1988
ResidencyOphthalmology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Hospitals (served as Chief Resident), 1991
FellowshipCornea and External Disease, University of Florida College of Medicine, Shands Hospital, Gainesville, Florida, 1992
Board Certified by:- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Part-time Ophthalmologist at Salisbury V.A. Medical Center
- Previous Clinical Instructor, Dept. of Ophthalmology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine - Former Partner of Piedmont Eye Physicians and Surgeons, P.A., Salisbury, N.C.
Dr. Kaufmann provides cataract surgery, offering premier intraocular lenses that fit each patient's unique needs.
2021: Castle Connolly Top Doctors