How does BOTOX help?
Botulinum toxin A (BOTOX®) injections have been performed for the treatment of Spasmodic Dysphonia (SD) for over 20 years. The safety and efficacy of this procedure has been extensively documented in the medical literature. These injections help control the vocal spasms associated with SD by temporarily weakening the vocal fold muscles enough to allow smoother voicing. Once the injection wears off, the voice begins to spasm again and another injection is required (typically, every 3 months).
More information about the use of BOTOX® in treating SD can be obtained by visiting the website for the National Spasmodic Dysphonia Association, (www.dysphonia.org) a nonprofit group dedicated to the needs of those with spasmodic dysphonia. Patients may also find it helpful to speak to others with SD about their diagnosis, symptoms and treatment options, and are encouraged to contact the local SD support group through its leader, Mary Bifaro – 704.846.3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOTOX® injections are offered one Friday each month with Dr. Klotz throughout the year. Injections are performed on the second floor of CEENTA's SouthPark office, 6035 Fairview Road, Charlotte, 28210. After parking in the visitor parking deck, walk through the main entrance and take the elevators or the stairs. Appointments are scheduled every 15 minutes and generally proceed in a timely fashion. Patients may make an appointment for a BOTOX® injection by calling CEENTA's main scheduling line – 704.295.3000.
BOTOX Injections for 2019
All at CEENTA's SouthPark location – 2nd Floor
- January 18, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- February 15, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- March 15, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- April 19, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- May 17, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- June 21, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- July 19, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- August 16, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- September 20, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- October 18, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- November 15, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz
- December 20, 2019/ Dr. Darrell Klotz