LocationsSouthpark Belmont Blakeney
Fellowship TrainedFacial Plastics
Clinical InterestsEye Care
Refer a Friend
Enter an email address below to share the provider's page with someone you know.
Dr. Katherine Orman is an oculoplastics specialist who provides cosmetic and functional facial plastic surgery for adults and pediatric patients. Dr. Orman earned two undergraduate degrees from the University of Alabama and her medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine. Her internship was at Baptist Health Systems. Her ophthalmology residency was at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she served as chief resident. Dr. Orman's ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship was with Alabama Ophthalmology Associates.
In her free time, Dr. Orman enjoys traveling, hiking, ballet, reading, live music, and college football.
Dr. Orman practices in our SouthPark (6035 Fairview Road, Charlotte, NC), Belmont (400 Park St., Belmont, NC), and Blakeney (5933 Blakeney Park Drive, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC) offices. To make an appointment with her, call 704-295-3000. You can also request an appointment online or through myCEENTAchart.
Education & Fellowship
Bachelor of science in psychology, magna cum laude, University of Alabama, 2008
Bachelor of arts in Spanish, summa cum laude, University of Alabama, 2010
Doctor of Medicine, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 2014
Baptist Health Systems, 2015
Ophthalmology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, chief resident, 2018
Ophthalmic Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Alabama Ophthalmology Associates, 2020
Associations & Memberships
American Academy of Ophthalmology
Research and Publications
- Armenia J, Orman K, Long J.The use of face averaging software to understand the pre-blepharoplasty eyelid.[In progress]
- Orman K, Armenia J, Vicinanzo M. Comparing the number of prospective and retrospective studies in the ASOPRS journal over time.[In progress]
- Orman K, Bains K. (May 2016). Culture results and antibiotic susceptibilities in patients with endophthalmitis after cataract surgery. Poster presented at the UAB Annual Research Symposium, Birmingham, AL.
- Daniel P, Jijelava K, Le H, Orman K, Stanley A.V-slice:A new, easy way to tackle soft lenses.Review of Ophthalmology. 2016 May; 23(5):52-7.
- Snead B, Orman K, Jijelava K. (May 2015). Compliance with sequential compression devices when ordered on medical/surgical floors.Quality improvement project at Princeton Baptist Hospital, Birmingham, AL.
- Orman K. (April 2015). Acalculus cholecystitis in a patient presenting from home.Poster presented at the Baptist Health Systems Annual Research Symposium, Birmingham, AL.
- (May-June 2013) Research Assistant in the Ophthalmology Clinical Research Unit, UAB Department of Ophthalmology
- Huisingh C, McGwin G Jr, Orman K, Owsley C. Frequent falling and motor vehicle collision involvement of older drivers. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Jan;62(1):123-9.