Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates (CEENTA) is committed to fostering the professional growth of aspiring audiologists. Through our 12-month audiology fellowship program, students will work in a well-rounded, structured clinical experience with rotations through cochlear implants, pediatric audiology, tinnitus retraining therapy, vestibular testing (ENG/VNG) and electrophysiology (ped ABR, adult ABR, EcOG, OAE). Students will have basic diagnostic and hearing aid duties throughout their time in the audiology fellowship program.
The deadline for the 2013-2014 year has passed. Applications for the 2014-2015 year are currently being accepted. We plan to admit four externs into the program. Interested students should e-mail résumés and letters of intent to Tracy Swanson, AuD, the clinic coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Though student externs will spend most of their time at the SouthPark location, they will rotate to other locations so as to experience practicing at a variety of ENT office sizes. Thirteen of CEENTA’s locations have audiology programs. Of the 19 audiologists on staff, one has a Ph.D., four are master’s level, and 14 have their Doctors of Audiology. Five of our audiologists are board certified in audiology by the American Board of Audiology and seven of our audiologists have their Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from ASHA.
As an extern in this fellowship, students will work in a busy, fast-paced clinic that will prepare them to work as an audiologist anywhere. We have a very supportive staff, but at the same encourage and expect our externs to become independent. Our patients are divided evenly between adults and pediatrics.
The CEENTA Audiology externship program is providing compensation.
Audiology Fellowship Timeline
- July-October: accepting applications
- October 31: applications due
- November and December: all applications, résumés, letters and transcripts on file
- December and January: externship interviews scheduled and completed
- January: offers made
- June 1- July 1: externship begins
Two-Month Rotation Summary: (two months each)
- Clinic/hearing aids– throughout entire externship
- Electrophysiology rotation – ABR and ENG / VNG
- Cochlear implants rotation
- Pediatric rotation
- Tinnitus retraining therapy
- June: Orientation, clinic observation and audio immersion
- July to August: First rotation
- August to September: Second rotation
- October to November: Third rotation
- December to January: Fourth rotation
- February to March: Fifth rotation
- April through May: Final focus per clinic coordinator